Wednesday, July 21, 2010

THE TIMELESS SPELL-AN EKPHRASIS



THE SIREN'S LURE




Woman
of infinite beauty
eyes of crystal
and celestial body
horizon where sleeps
the eternal sun.

Goddess of Seduction,
Sorceress of the Seas,
a thousand lips of kisses.
Immortal seed tempting
love and charm
like a dream you came to me
and I fell into your arms.

Out on the blue deep,
I, but a lone seafarer
when you came.
So shrill the siren call
I could not tell
the sky from the sea.
Endless hours of hope and despair
driven by your lure, is it to end
without your love-

To be my Calypso
bound
to the Earth
revolving
black to gold,
tracking
with the seasons
the oceans' ebb and flow
to end upon the jagged shores
of the lost and gone,
kept as your pawn
my captured soul.

In the hourglass
the sand that flows
is me, from
life to life
in a timeless spell.

Lost
on a desert caravan
I roam the dunes
of ancient time,
withered and parched
and mind awry,
forlorn
of your magic waters.

What man or immortal
has betrayed you,
so bled your heart
from ill-promised love
that with resentful will
all men you scorn?
To suffer the pain
of your broken heart;
To be the fuel
for your sadistic love;
To burn and be
your redemption.

And now
leaving me
as between
Scylla and Charybdis-
the machine existence
of modern man,
despoiled of native sentience
to endure living by drugs
and surigal means
and worship
the gray mattered brain.

Return me
to where you found me
out on the deep blue sea,
as the fishes
who swim at you side
or the coral
who color your reef,
to live in the waters
of your crystal eyes.

Woman
in my mind
the hourglass flows
only for you.
If only I can keep
this heavy heart adrift
lest it drown
in its sinking sadness.

Woman
of infinite beauty.
~~
Copyright 2010 Francis Don Daniels. All Rights Reserved.

Many thanks to Suzi Galloway for her permission to include "The Siren's Lure"
with this writing. You may review other of her fine art works by going to
http://suzu-galloway.artistwebsites.com or sgnarts.imagrkind.com

No comments: