Thursday, July 22, 2010

THE TIMELESS SPELL - THE EQUATION


THE SIREN'S LURE


Pictures winged
in three dimensions
before my eyes,
dartling
one and then the next
a panorama of existence
soaked
with emotions
I could not explain.

A glimpse
first here
then there,
a familiar likeness,
while others
too odd and strange.

Was this yet
another conjure
of the siren,
or the quandry
of modern man?

The pictures flashed on
as if to tell the story
of the hourglass-
a cinematic journey
of whom and where
I'd been.

Places vague and unknown,
persons with foreign tongues:
Universes anongst the stars,
worlds cast somewhere beyond;
A man devoted to the Arts,
A man who's waging wars;
A man of indelible strength,
A man of pitiless flaws.

Before my eyes
plunged
impinging pain
of the lapses of life.
Before my eyes
poured
the meaness
I'd become.

And her face
the tears
gently trickling
in tiny beads
down her cheeks.
The sadness
in her crystal eyes
that now
pangs
my tortured heart.

No matter how hard
I tried, I
could not stop
the onslaught of pictures
revealing
in blatant color
my frailties, deceit
and lies.
Until,
at last,
I reconciled
the upheaval
of my transgressions.

A dichotomy
as clear as
duty and omission,
as clear as
the artist
and the thief.
To realize my pain
and suffering
came not from her resentment,
but from my own demise.

That my wounded cries
were of my own affliction,
the hourglass
my empty sands.
~~
Copyright 2010 Francis Don Daniels.
All Rights Reserved.
"The Siren's Lure" used with the permission of Suzi Galloway.
To view other of her fine art works you may go to
http://suzi-galloway.artistwebsites.com

No comments: